You rarely have an op to actually hear and see secrets from a top rock photographer! Grab this op before I yank it away.
Adorama, THE most prestigious photo gear supplier and photo lab for decades, said I am one of the ten most influential rock photographers of all time:
"Jenny Lens was not just one of the few photographers chronicling the early punk scene in both North America and London, she was also one of the few women working in a very male-dominated field. Her life is pretty fascinating and made up of the three acts usually associated with characters in movies and novels."
Patti Smith called me "the girl with the camera eye," from LA's Roxy Theater. I'm the most published early punk rock photographer, west coast, first gen. My work seen in major museums, exhibits, docs, books, mags, merch and collector's homes.
Iggy Pop told me my photos were as good as his photographer. He asked me where I'd been. I said, "Earning art degrees." He smiled and nodded. You can see some of my art below. I learned from artists. Now you can follow in my footsteps!
"Watch. Shoot. Shine."
You'll save time and money with this overview of essential Photography insights and tips.
Discover the intentions, settings and lenses behind real rock 'n' roll photos.
- Tips on Composing and Framing compelling images to tell your stories and create kick-ass photos
- Phones vs Cameras
- Camera Settings: Manual vs Auto
- "Focal Length"
- Wide Angle, Telephoto and Zoom lenses
- Flashes, Batteries and Memory Cards
- Pros and Cons of Digital vs Film
UPDATE: WORKSHOPS LIVE end of MAY, 2019
Sign Up NOW for Introductory Price!
"Jenny’s photo class has been a fun and easy way to introduce myself further into the world of photography and get some amazing insight from one of the real talents. From her amazing shots of punks greats, to real world aptitude, I felt honored to catch some insider tips to apply to my day to day photos and try to go further than I thought before. ~ Mark Heck
- Imagine being THIS upclose and personal.
- It's possible, but you gotta work it and work smart!
- My world-famous photos are in MAJOR museums, books, docs, mags, CDs, DVDs, sites, merch and more: PunkPioneers.com.
- Plus new photos, still lives and more at DreamingBig.Rocks.
- Now I'm sharing MY behind the scenes secrets.
Get started now before I raise prices.
Get started now before others get the inside track.
"I think it is great that you are going the online teaching and coaching route. Your talents and skills will helpful to many!" ~ Jennifer Posner Lehner, The Front Row
"What Camera? What Lens?" is a stand-alone introductory Workshop.
- Overview of various lenses
- Intro to Manual settings (some of the dials, buttons and sliders sitting outside your camera)
- Using only Automatic with a DSLR camera is a waste of money.
- Unleash the magic of a DSLR camera!
- No charts, numbers or diagrams like you see everywhere
- Just photos with explanations WHY you'd use this lens or that setting
- Illuminating, fun, liberating
Photography for Branded Storytelling Images is a more comprehensive, detailed, longer Workshop.
- Longer, with more photos, more in-depth coverage of various lenses, settings, lighting situations
- Deeper discussion about composition or WHAT story are you telling? What mood are you setting? What do you want viewer to see and feel?
- Combining basic technical skills with intention are part of creating YOUR Brand, YOUR Art
- Can be a stand-alone Workshop. But more beneficial when taken with the comprehensive "Watch. Create. Shine" Workshop Series
"Take Photos. Get Famous." is a quickstart guide for aspiring music photographers.
- Imagine being a real music photographer, with a real camera, getting up close and personal with performers.
- Start with using the right lens and manual settings to create kick-ass photos
- Highly recommended you add the Success Survival Kit.
- A good camera alone won't get you in the door.
- I know the secrets! Been there, done that. No one can debate my cred!
Still need clarity? No problem. Write me. Be specific. Thanks!
“Watch. Create. Shine.” Visual Branding Essentials Series
Photography for Branded Storytelling Images
Lightroom Productivity and Creative Tools
Create Marketable, Branded Images in Photoshop
Visual Branding Design
Web Design Basics for Marketing
Myths and Mindset of Digital Tools
Wild World of eCommerce
"Jenny has a great knack to make you look around and capture the mood either through manipulating manual settings or making the best of what you have at hand. I would recommend checking out these courses to anyone who wants to dream big and get inspired. I would rate my course 10/10 for inspiration alone. Thank you Jenny!" ~ Mark Heck
“Thanks for all the advice and support re my site design issues. Very useful and more than my designer discussed or suggested.” ~ Ashley Cherry
"YOU are THE Punk Rock Goddess Photographer!" ~Rodney Bingenheimer, the "Mayor of Sunset Strip."
"You would be a great teacher because you have a plethora of knowledge" ~ Kimra Luna, BTBY, Freedom Hackers Galaxy
"Your work made me realize that every show was an EVENT, a moment outside "real" life that should and could be internalized and immortalized. Making the ugly look good and the good look ugly. And the music didn't suck either." ~Erich Dye, Facebook
"Great pix. Jenny you are more than an artist. You caught the whole passion of those times. You should be world famous with all the financial security and recognition that brings." ~Liz Winchell, an early LA punk rocker
“We were contacted by a large organization with press, radio and other media coverage within first month after Jenny Lens redesigned our ecommerce site.
Our site rarely displayed by Google til she performed her magic! I couldn’t buy media coverage like that for what I paid Jenny. She organized info, provided search engine strategies, a total facelift and trained me to use it.
We were in business 12 years and no large company ever found us. Our previous ecommerce site was a mess, badly designed and hard to find info. Always a pleasure working with Jenny. Brightest, most energetic person I know. Fun too. She’s tough, but results worth it!” ~Mark Martinez, graphic artist and designer